Landlord – Tenant Law
In Illinois, the landlord-tenant relationship is heavily regulated by various municipal, state, and federal laws. Our office advises landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial and residential leases. We also represent landlords and tenants in eviction court, breach of contract claims, and statutory proceedings involving the Chicago Residential Landlord Tenant Ordinance and other statutes.
- Drafting/ negotiation of commercial and residential leases.
- Negotiating lease termination agreements.
- Chicago Residential Landlord Tenant Ordinance compliance review.
- Preparation of 5 day, 10 day and 30 day notices
- Motions for Use and Occupancy
- Eviction Defenses/ Tenant’s Rights
- Mishandling of Security Deposits
- Chicago Residential Landlord Tenant Ordinance Litigation